Now for the contest. To win the tickets you need to earn entry tickets that will be put into a beer bucket. There will be a bunch of different ways for you to earn entries into the bucket. The more entries you get the better your chances obviously. You can get up to 10 entries total. It is recommended that you become friends with The Beer Buddha (Jeremy BeerBuddha Labadie) and Top of the Hops-North Shore on Facebook and @TheBeerBuddha and @TOPhopsBEERfest on Twitter and sign up here on The Beer Buddha blog. This will help you get more entries. Here is how you earn entries:
1) Take a picture of yourself drinking a local beer and upload it to Facebook. Tag myself and Top of the Hops in the picture. In the picture caption you need to write: I support my local brewery
2) Tweet: @TheBeerBuddha @TOPhopsBEERfest I support my local brewery! I want tix to Top of the Hops beer festival: 1 entry.
3) Comment on this post: I want to go to the Top of the Hops festival. Make sure to put your name in the comment: 1 entry
4) If you post a picture to Facebook of you drinking a local beer in a bar and holding a sign saying: I love The Beer Buddha and Top of the Hops: 3 entries. Make sure you tag us so we can see it!!!
5) If you walk up to me at Avenue Pub and yell: I love The Beer Buddha and I want to go to Top of the Hops beer festival: 4 entries. HINT: I can usually be found drinking beer at Avenue Pub on Friday nights from 6-9pm.
All of the entries will stay in the bucket. It won't start over so you don't have to do this every week. Once you have 10 entries they stay there until the end of the contest which again is March 11th 11:59pm.
All winners will be notified. You can also check back and check the winners box to see if your name will be there. Winners box will be located top right hand side of page right under Top of the Hops advertisement.
RULES OF THE CONTEST:
1) All winners must be 21 or older.
2) Once the tickets are in your hands The Beer Buddha is no longer liable for anything stupid you may decide to do. By accepting the tickets you enter into a contract to not hold The Beer Buddha liable for anything that happens at the festival, on your way to the festival or on your way back from the festival.
3) You are responsible for getting yourself there and back. The Beer Buddha highly recommends having a designated driver. Drinking and driving sucks.
4) The Beer Buddha has the right to disqualify a contestant for whatever reason he deems fit. Oh and if I have to change the contest rules I will but you'll be notified. Doubt I will but need to write it just in case.
5) The Beer Buddha encourages responsible drinking and recommends drinking plenty of fluids while at the festival. Don't be that drunk person puking all over everything and making a fool out of themselves.
6) Keep the pictures clean. Any cursing or nudity will disqualify contestants. I don't want it to but think I have to.
7) Please refer to Top of the Hops FAQ and info page for more info.
8) You can only win once. If you win tickets you will no longer be eligible to win more. Let's be fair and give others a chance.
9) These tickets are only good for the Top of the Hops beer festival being held on March 19th in Mandeville, LA. They are nonrefundable tickets and don't be that guy that tries to turn around and sell the tickets. That's kinda douchey.
10) Have fun and be careful at the fest!
Well there you have it! I want to thank Red Mountain Entertainment(especially Jamie Broday)for being awesome and letting me run this contest! Good luck to everyone!
The Beer Buddha